You are now logged in! Click here to change your default password.
For technical assistance, please contact Janene Scelza, NCJA Web Manager, at email@example.com.
By joining and using this community, you agree that
you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also
agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best
suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the
advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in
an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these
important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services
department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil
and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate
membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from. Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. You can change your subscription settings on your Profile page. To do this, click the profile button located at the top right of the website after logging in.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of National Criminal Justice Association. National Criminal Justice Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by National Criminal Justice Association or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall National Criminal Justice Association be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants National Criminal Justice Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
National Criminal Justice Association does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of National Criminal Justice Association we will take all appropriate action.
National Criminal Justice Association reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.